Natural Benefits of Silver
Silver has properties that can help provide relief from skin inflammation or swelling.
The Silverette® cups have been beneficial for mothers by providing relief and repair when they experience wear and tear of their nipple skin when establishing breastfeeding.
Silver is known to have agents that help prevent the growth or spread of bacteria. This has been a great time saver for mothers to help them heal in between feeds without the worry of sterilization.
Silverette® cups are safe for mum and baby, just a simple rinse with warm water or mild soap with water in between feeds.
Silver has anti-fungal benefits can prevent fungal growth: active against fungi.
The natural anti-fungal agent in Silverette® cups can be used simultaneously with prescribed treatment by medical professional that supports the recovery of nipple thrush.
Silver is known to have natural antimicrobial benefits that can help minimizes the presence of bacteria, mold, and fungi.
Silverette® cups offer a greater level of protection by continuously inhibiting the growth of microbes on surfaces for very long periods of time.
O-Feel® delivers extra layer of protection for the most engorged, sensitive breasts
Soft silicone (O-Feel®) and soothing silver (Silverette®) unite to form the perfect remedy for sore nipples and sensitive breasts.
Made entirely of hypoallergenic, medical-grade silicone, the O-Feel® ring joins forces with Silverette® to keep your nursing cups in place and provide an extra layer of protection for the most engorged, sensitive breasts.
Sleep easy knowing your Silverette® will keep up with your body’s movements without discomfort or disruption to your lifestyle.
One size fits both regular and XL Silverette. Washable with water and neutral soap. It is possible (but not necessary) to sterilize them by steam, gamma rays or ethylene oxide.
Compliance & Testing
- Clinically tested at the University Padua hospital for 2 years before launch to market.
- Class I Medical Device – Regulation 745/2017 and Law 5 February ’34 and subsequent mod. and integration on the double hallmark of silver.
- Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) registration number 236106
- Cleared ISO 10993-10 SKIN IRRITABILITY. Silverette didn’t give any irritation accordingly to the test. The test conducted by an FDA accredited lab.
- Silver being a precious metal is acquired through metals agents authorised and controlled by the Italian government. Every batch of silver purchased for manufacturing comes with certification.
- Featured in Breastfeeding Medicine: BREASTFEEDING MEDICINE, Volume 10, Number 5, 2015, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. DOI: 10.1089/bfm.2014.0177